Thursday, January 05, 2006

ode to new york

dear new york,

thank you for all the good times. the shots of jaeger, the glasses of pinot, the amazing colombian dinners, the walks across bridges, the rooftop parties, the shop shop shopping, the long thoughtful subway rides, the amusing homeless people, the specialty gourmet stores, and most of all for my friends. my best things are gifts from you.

but i think we have to break up, oh new york. this year you and i had some rough times. those loooooooooong days/nights. the many blackouts. the parking tickets. i could go on, but why dwell on the negative? i think it's time to take some space. it's not you, it's me. i just don't have the stamina anymore. after our power weekend, i spent three days in bed. is that what you want for me, new york? unable to sing and grouchy and lazy and lonely? i didn't think so. i know you only want the best for me, and believe me, you don't need little ol' me to have a good time.

so maybe we can be friends again soon, new york. but not until you stop hanging out with people from new jersey.

xoxo
-e

No comments: